Earlier this week, I posted on how to have date night at home, you can see it by clicking here. I was pleasantly surprised to receive emails from people telling me how they were going to try my idea, since their relationship/marriage was feeling stale and too business like. They just didn’t know what to talk about over dinner, or while waiting for the food to be delivered, and asked for some sexy suggestions. I asked a friend for her advice on this one, since she’s an MFT (Marriage and Family Therapist), and together, we devised this list of 20 conversation starters for date night. They are playful, and meant to ignite a bit of excitement and passion!
Since today is Valentine’s Day, why not start using them right away?
Here they are, in no particular order:
1. What is one fantasy you have, that you’ve never told me about?
2. Do you have any secrets that you’ve been too shy/embarrassed to tell me?
3. What were you thinking about the last time we were being intimate?
4. When is the last time you had a dream about me?
5. What color do you think my bra/panties/underwear are?
6. What is your favorite part of sex?
7. Which sex toys have you thought of trying?
8. Who is your celebrity sex crush, and why?
9. If we had never met, where do you think you’d be right now?
10. If you knew that “No” was not an answer, what would you want to do with me right now?
11. What would my nickname be, based on one of my funny qualities?
12. How often do you think we should be having sex?
13. Have you ever spied on me, behind my back?
14. When was the last time you accidentally grazed against someone else’s body, that you thought was attractive?
15. How well do you think you know me? Can you read my mind? What am I thinking now? (ok, this is three questions, but it’s funny!)
16. Do you have any sexual regrets from your youth?
18. What’s the most memorable sexual encounter we’ve had?
19. If you could plan any vacation for us, where would it be?
20. Statistics say that the average couple is intimate for ten minutes. How long do you think we last?
Which ones do you think you’ll use? Were there any that weren’t included that you think should be?